Tuesday, July 13, 2010

September Without You

Another need for silence
One more chance I have been given
To learn one of life's lessons
I am destined to be re-living

Until I've learned I will re-live you
And that lonely September
That shaped my heart, and for forever
Gave me something to remember

Thinking I belong with you
Knowing that I don't
Hoping to survive the illusion
Knowing that I won't

Another pair of green eyes
Illuminating my day by day
It must be that closing my eyes and heart
Is the price I have to pay

Even if I'm blessed
With a sense of Reality
I don't deny that I secretely wish I could be with you
For time and all Eternity

But therein, my friends, lies the lesson
To learn to shut off my senses, and keep my mouth shut too
So I don't have to re-live another September
Without someone like you

No comments:

Post a Comment