Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The Legend

In my mind I created him
Of illusions, and rays of morning sun
Penetrating through clouds made of cotton
Softly embedding the life I treasure
With my mouth I covered him with gold

People can think they know his thoughts
What he dreams, and what he feels
That they know his inside from the outside
But they don't know him like I do
They don't know his heart

They don't know the real person
Hidden and conserved
Behind that layer of gold
But they might hear him breathe
If they listen carefully

The Legend says that if you are quiet
You can hear his beating heart
I want to believe that it is true
But I know that it's my own heart beating in his body
So I try to never leave his side

And I know that he is my illusion
My thought, and my dream
No one knows him like I do
He is the gold that covers me
If you are quiet you may hear my beating heart

No comments:

Post a Comment