Thursday, October 15, 2009

Intention to be Happy

I committed the error of many
Thinking that I deserved it
Trouble was what I needed
To get you out of my mind
Trouble was what I got

The Moon looked in and thought
She had already seen it all
There was one thing left
Our farewell said in silence
It has no beginning and no end

We knew each other too well
A soul with two bodies and one mind
I was drinking you
But without getting drunk
Now my soul is out of order
Because of somebody elses love story

They say time is a healer
Still it was pain that changed me
This is a world full of color
That sadness and bitterness can´t see
I hide them both in my pocket
Self-preservation is safe in my purse
In my heart a prayer
Meant to adore

Perhaps pain doesn´t actually disappear
Instead you learn how to incorporate it
Learn how to co-exist with it
Then time passes by and one day
Suddenly it doesn´t matter any more

Now it´s too late to save us
Life doesn´t stop at redlights
It has a full time job

Today a smile is my best make-up
All dressed up in sunshine
I´ll meet a lot of someone elses
And there was you
Thinking I had no heart at all

I look around and find myself trapped
In this burning desire
My intention to be happy

No comments:

Post a Comment