Tuesday, September 29, 2009

A Prayer of Gratitude

I thank Thee for this morning
For waking me up as so many times before
The start of the day was calm and beautiful
I was greeted by Thy patience
Thy will for me was whispered to my soul

I thank Thee for granting me wisdom
To chose the better way
More grace was added to me this day
I´ve felt Thy love for me through Thy children
In every handshake, hug, and nod
In every smile, and in every eye I´ve met

I thank Thee for Thy mercy
Thy blessings and Thy gentle care
My soul has felt Thy grandeour today
Thy love for me has blessed me with greater capacity to love
In thanks to Thee I have sung to Thy praise

I thank Thee for Thy presence in my life
Communing with Thee makes my heart burn
Thy words teach me and fill my soul
I humbly ask Thee to always remain with me
And don´t let me move away from Thee
Else the darkness of the world
Might get a chance to conquer my mind

I thank Thee for the guidance of Thy Spirit
Through Thy mercy I´ve been able to make a difference today
I´ve been allowed to be an instrument in Thy hands
My soul vibrates and my humbled spirit sings
When Thy sweet Spirit strikes my strings

I thank Thee for filling my heart with joy
I feel Thee so close my eyes are now wet
Help me to never ever forget
May my soul always be filled with Thy light
That I may see and win every day´s fight
And then at least exalted be
In peace and rest, O Lord, with Thee

No comments:

Post a Comment