Tuesday, September 12, 2023

To Be

It was the day before midsummer
In the year of 2023
Now me and my home smell of you
And you smell of me

I was cute
From my hands to my toes
My very first visit
In the land where anything goes

You had tattoos
From your time in darkness
I was kissing every inch of them
That my hands didn't caress

We met because of mutual hope
Even when there was none
As usual I was too curious
That was red flag number one

We were busy in the garden
But your flowers never grew
No matter how we tended to them
That was red flag number two

The home is where the heart is
Skulls, birthdays, fraternity 
Your all seeing eye gazed upon me
That was red flag number three

You deleted communication
To prevent a future that wasn't meant to be
Now I curse you that I will forget about you
But you will never forget about me

No comments:

Post a Comment