Friday, June 24, 2011

Wind Of Change

I can't imagine leaving
Nor thinking I will stay
Anytime the future
Can change in just one day

So brilliant it is before me
But I don't know where it is
With a past that is forgotten
And a Now that I might miss

It is never easy
To sit and wait on change
Like a two-edged knife it is
Claiming both victory and revenge

Some say it can turn into comfort
If you ever get used to its song
I say it's a mysterious wanderer
That sometimes takes you along

But never reveals the secret
Of how to not become life's toy
Still helps you safely through it
Sometimes with pain, sometimes with joy

Even if we don't believe it
It comes when we need it the most
Helps us use the wind to our advantage
To safely reach the coast

So I'm welcoming the wind of change
Spreading my wings like a dove
I'm leaving a piece of my heart with you
Here where I'm loved and I love

No comments:

Post a Comment