Friday, April 9, 2010

To A Very Special Friend

Our encounter only counts as a moment
Of eternity, like a shooting star
That what made the difference
Is that you are who you are

During this short time
You have really touched my heart
I'm happy for my life here
And that you could play a part

It has puzzled me how you've been able
To always be what I need
Im my eyes you are Christlike
In thought, and word, and deed

Your personality has showed me
How Heavenly Father works and is
No matter what you say
Your behavior has been His

Apart from serving the Lord
Improving the world has been your call
Though the reason you seem perfect to me
Might be that I don't really know you at all

There are countless things I am grateful for
The Gospel, cats, cookies, and
That life has brought to me in you
A very special friend

Though there are reasons why the future
Only makes it to the past
The present seems like a dream
And is never meant to last

We really had a good time
Now I understand that you must leave
But we will see each other again
This I both know and believe

I hope to see you in the eternities
But until then
I pray that God will be with you
Till we meet again


No comments:

Post a Comment