Thursday, August 7, 2014

Not Holy

Today I don't feel holy
I think I woke up like that
Yesterday was similar
But I only felt lazy and fat

Today I don't feel holy
I think that's a little bit worse
Fortunately it's only feelings
A feeling is never a curse

Today I just don't feel holy
I feel greedy, judgemental, and mean
Snappish, unsocial, and selfish
The most awful person you've seen

Today I don't feel very holy
If you've never seen me this way
Have a little patience with me
You'll recognize me better another day

But today I don't feel so holy
Today I feel prideful but small
It's better to stay away from me
Forget that you know me at all

Today I don't feel holy
My happiness is rejected and lost
So love me more than I might deserve
Today is when I need it the most

No comments:

Post a Comment