Thursday, September 9, 2010

My Nights

The sky is bathing in twilight
The sun is singing goodnight
The horizon is warm and orange
Today is soon out of sight

I'm welcoming the night
The guardian of my heart
When I'm alone with the darkness
My life gets a whole new start

I can be myself now
While I'm awake and alone
There is so much to dream about
When I lie here on my own

How the world can be so beautiful
Even if you're not by my side
And it will never be the two of us
So my feelings must be denied

But always brought back to life again
In my pocket of time called night
There's where I always think of you
And I can enjoy your light

Still I'm hoping for the day
You will make my nights come true
There are so many real things
I would like to share with you

My heart's loneliness and secret thoughts
Its darkness and its light
All its sacred feelings
Its every day and night

Loneliness can be more beautiful
When it is shared by two
So I'm longing for the day when
All my nights will be shared by you

No comments:

Post a Comment